Nevada United's focus is on player development and technical skill building over the long run. We believe that success comes from hard work, quality instruction and a positive learning environment. We take into consideration that for our youth, playing soccer is often about fun, friends, competition, learning and a love of the game.
The team is a family and the club is our home. We embrace family values and our coaches build life long relationships with their players - years after playing club soccer our coaches receive invitations to weddings, graduations, baby showers and other milestones. The bonds that exist between teammates, parents, and coaches at Nevada United are unparalleled in the community.
The key to our success in consistency and longevity, starting with DOC Marco Merlo who has been coaching soccer in Northern Nevada for 28 years. Marco has been a DOC for 12 combined years with Nevada United, formerly Sagebrush Soccer Club. In addition, he has coached at Galena high school for 20 years.
Director of Coaching (DOC) Marco Merlo
- USSF National “A” License
- Nationally Certified US Soccer Licensing Instructor
- 28 years coaching experience at Youth Club and High School in Northern Nevada
- 12 combined years as DOC with Nevada United formerly Sagebrush Soccer Club
- 20 years experience as Galena High School Coach
- Former University of Nevada Men's Club Head Coach
- High School Coach of the Year 2002, 2008, 2016
- Northern Nevada NAIA Model Coach of the Year 2011
- H.S. State Championship - Galena Boys ‘16, 2 time regional champions ‘08, ‘16, two time State Finalist
Other Nevada United Coaches
- Four USSF National "C" License Coaches
- Nine USSF National "D" License Coaches
- National Champions 2011 U18 Boys, 2014 U16 Girls
- National Championship Finalists U18 Boys
- Region IV Champions 2 times (Region IV consists of Alaska, Arizona, California North, California South, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming).
- Region IV Competitors 6 appearances, 3 for girls and 3 for boys
- State Champions - 1 boys, 1 girls
- Surf Cup Champions “The best of the best” - 2 Championship teams in 2017
- Davis Legacy College Showcase - multiple Champions
- NorCal League Champions - State Cup, Winter League, Premier League
- Region IV Rankings
- 5 teams ranked in the top 100 above 1000’s of teams
- 3 teams ranked in the top 100 Nationally
- ‘03 Boys Red ranked 12th in the Nation
- Our teams have a history of top 50 National Rankings in 2016 our U18 boys reached #1
- Long standing and trusting relationships with College Coaches - a few players have even advanced to college play “sight unseen” based only on the recommendation of DOC
- 100+ players have graduated from our club and advanced to play in college including D1, D2 and Ivy League. We even have our own 1868/San Jose Earthquake-Kevin Partida.
- During Surf Cup play in ‘17 our club teams were watched by 100+ college coaches over 3 days.